The K-6 Elementary School Tuition Scholarship Application for 2018-2019 is available. Submission deadline for this scholarship and accompanying materials is May 1, 2018.
New!!!!! Elementary School Tuition Scholarships (K-6) for 2018-2019
The evidence is in. A high quality education from an early age is a benefit throughout school and not to mention life. Sometimes the best school for a child may be one that charges tuition. And, sometimes the cost of it can be out of reach for families.
Now, through the new Elementary School Tuition Scholarship Program, the Leon N. Weiner Education Foundation (LNWEF) will provide up to $5,000 in tuition for a child from a Leon N. Weiner owned property to attend elementary school, grades K-6th.
Elementary School Tuition Scholarships are available for tuition only. All scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the school on the awardee’s behalf. Scholarships are not automatically renewable, however, applicants may reapply in subsequent years.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident of the U.S.
- Resident of a property owned/managed by LNWA in Delaware.
- If currently enrolled in school, is passing in all grades and an overall C average (minimum).
- Interested in your child attending a tuition based private school in DE in the fall of 2018.
Scholarship Award Criteria:
- Thorough and accurate completion of the application form
- Timely responses to follow up questions from LNWEF
- Academic need
- Behavioral status at current school
- Educational aspirations
Applications are now available for the 2018-2019 school year. Parents may apply for the Elementary School Tuition Scholarship in the following ways:
- Email the completed Elementary School Tuition Scholarship Application Form to Linda Perkins: .
- Print, complete and mail the application. Send via USPS to Linda Perkins, PO Box 646 Middletown, DE 19709.
For more information or questions, contact Linda Perkins at or call 302-765-8007 or call your Property Manager.
“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for today.” — Malcolm X